Previously on Arrested Development | NPR’s guide to the running gags from the show
This is dedication.
1. Work is crazy, the side jobs I do when I’m not working are also crazy, it’s a good thing I love people so darned much. The point: things are busy busy busy.
2. I am quite possibly foregoing one more semester of school in favor of living in upstate New York (rent free!) until January. Not 100% sure, but nearly.
3. My mom took a trip to the hospital (ambulance and all) this weekend, spent one night, and is hopefully starting to understand that she needs to make her health and well-being a priority.
4. My brother, sis-in-law and niece visited, and totally made my month :) There’s nothing (and I mean nothing) better :) Can’t stop smiling when I think about it!
Anyhow - I have been burning the candle at both ends the last couple of weeks. I’ve been in (mostly) good spirits, but life is hectic, and I miss tumblr (and of course, all of you). Hopefully things will settle down a bit and I can check in more often. I hope you are all well and life is bringing you lots of loveliness :)
samandhismusic asked: 17 - 20.
17. Name a favorite of each: band, album, song:
Grizzly Bear, Transatlanticism (Death Cab), Say it Ain’t So by Weezer. (these were the first things that came to mind)
18. Why is your favorite band your favorite?
Well all of my favorite bands (because I could never choose just one) are my favorites because they reach me on a deeper level and make me think and feel things (in ways that I enjoy or appreciate). If music doesn’t make you think, or feel, or bring you comfort, then what’s the point?
19. How many concerts have you attended? Which was your favorite? Least favorite? If none, who do you want to see live the most?
I’m not sure…I haven’t kept ticket stubs for all of them or anything like that… My favorites have probably been the Black Keys (while they toured after Brothers in 2010), Sea Wolf, Blind Pilot, and Adam Arcuragi and the Lupine Choral Society (I think this last one is the tops, because I went to this show with no previous knowledge of them, and totally eargasmed the entire time - they are truly amazing). My least favorite was probably any number of the bands I saw at CreationFest in 2008.
20. What is one of your favorite song lyrics? (Who is it by?)
Well you’re getting two of my favorite lyrics, because I say so.
1. Does anybody remember back when you were very young? Did you ever think that you would be this blessed? from Guernica by Brand New (all Brand New lyrics are my favorite lyrics)
2. Let’s take the time to walk together while we have the sun. You never know when temperamental weather’s gonna come. And if you want to face the death you’re never that far from, just take a breath and sing to it when all the day is done. from While We Have the Sun by Mirah (feeling especially relevant lately).
Difficult, but lovely questions :)
- 1: Apart from tumblr, what do you like to do in your spare time?
- 2: Name a favorite of each: food, drink, color.
- 3: If you married rich and your spouse gave you $100,000 a week, what would you spend it on?
- 4: Name a favorite of each: book, movie, tv show.
- 5: If you were given the opportunity to spend 48 hours with absolutely anyone (living or dead), who would you spend it with and what would you do?
- 6: Name a LEAST favorite of each: food, drink, color.
- 7: What do you spend most of your money on?
- 8: What kind of underwear do you prefer wearing?
- 9: Name a LEAST favorite of each: book, movie, tv show.
- 10: If you were sat on a plane beside your favorite celebrity, what would you do?
- 11: What is the strangest thing you have in your room? (You are not allowed to explain why you own it.)
- 12: What is a weird habit you have, or people have told you have. (Weird, not bad. No nail biting or any of that nonsense.)
- 13: What would you consider to be the biggest insult to yourself?
- 14: What are five things you absolutely have to have in your dream house?
- 15: If you could be reincarnated as any animal, which would you chose and why?
- 16: Which band (current or past) would you want to go on tour* with? (*Travel with, not preform with.)
- 17: Name a favorite of each: band, album, song.
- 18: Why is your favorite band your favorite?
- 19: How many concerts have you attended? Which was your favorite? Least favorite? If none, who do you want to see live the most?
- 20: What is one of your favorite song lyrics? (Who is it by?)
- 21: Who do you ship?
- 22: What band merch do you own? If any, whose is it and when did you get it? If none, whose do you wish you owned?
- 23: How did you learn of the band that is currently your favorite?
- 24: What celebrity do you idolize the most?
- 25: Which member from which band would you most want to lather in nutella?
The most significant differences between those who smoked marijuana and those who never or no longer did was that current smokers’ insulin levels were reduced by 16 percent and their insulin resistance (a condition in which the body has trouble absorbing glucose from the bloodstream) was reduced by 17 percent.
The Atlantic’s Lindsay Abrams, reporting on the results of a recent study on the health effects of marijuana. In addition, regular pot smokers were skinnier than those who abstained, “even after adjusting for factors like age, sex, tobacco and alcohol use, and physical activity levels,” and had higher levels of HDL (“good cholesterol”). source (via shortformblog)
Pidgey used roar
ITS WEARING A FUCKING CLOVER HAT
NO ITS SO TINY AND CUTE STOP
This is actually what I needed right now.
laying out on the lawn, reading. today is a very good day
yeah today my heart swings
let it come
‘cause I’ve got a chance for a sweet saint life
I said I’ve got a dance and you’ll do just fine
today was beautiful! going out for the night :) have a lovely weekend, followers!